Monday, December 18, 2006

Cookie day...

On Saturday, our friend Pamela--a photo classmate of mine at Ft. Mason--and her husband hosted their annual cookie decorating party at their beautiful home in Telegraph Hill. This was our second year, and we had such fun painting with colorful glazes and sprinkling with dots and sparkles other miniature bits. The cookies sparked imaginative conversations for a perfect December weekend.


Afterwards, Jeff and I walked a few short blocks to North Beach for dinner. We happened upon an intimate northern Italian restaurant--Da Flora--which served us the best gnocchi I have ever tasted--melt-in-your-mouth morsels in a bacon and sage cream sauce. (Jeff's hearty pork bolognese and my dungeness crab tagliatelle were certainly worthy dishes to follow.)

Inspired by our surprise dinner Saturday evening, I made a wonderful "Tuscan shrimp" dish on Sunday night. This simple dish from the Food Network was warm and flavorful, which was particularly nice on an unusually frigid SF evening. (Hey, I had a razor thin layer of ICE on my windshield this morning. For SF, that is C-O-L-D. :)

2 comments:

JamesF said...

Why am I suddenly hungry?

Buddy Tignor said...

C is for cookie that's good enough for me.