Monday, October 01, 2007

Its the most wonderful time of the year...

October rolled in with a light morning drizzle that created a classic "autumn smell" for my morning commute. For many reasons, this has always been my favorite month of the year.

The skies cleared by midday, and I was able to take a long after-work walk along Mission Street to pick up my car from its 5K check-up. My route along Mission passed the new SF Federal Building, a striking modern building by noted architect Thomas Mayne. The building is heralded for its green features--particularly its natural air conditioning fed by the city's year-round moderate temps and strong off-shore breezes. The neighborhood around the building is definitely a work-in-progress, with shocking scenes of neglect and homelessness.




This evening, Jeff and I tried a new restaurant to inaugurate a month of new experiences. We visited the recently opened Bistro 9--on 9th Avenue in the Inner Sunset--which specializes in rotisserie and grilled items. Definitely worth a repeat visit.

No comments: