Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Into the wild...

I spent the better part of last week in sunny southern California with a group of co-workers at the lovely Aviara resort. The meeting was a rousing success with many highlights, but the most fun part was our "photo safari" outing at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. What a fantastic way to blow off some steam and bond as a group. The tour took us out into the "Africa" portion of the park, with the opportunity to get up close and personal with endangered rhinos and friendly giraffes. A regular stop on the tour is the feeding of giraffes, who certainly knew we came bearing gifts of greenery. It was certainly MY first time being licked by a giraffe and its 14-inch tounge. (My thanks to my friend Karen for snapping the photo of me.)















4 comments:

Cordell said...

The rhino reminds me of the second Ace Ventura movie- "Kinda hot in these rhinos."

JamesF said...

Some of those Rhino shots turned out really good.

Matt T said...

Of course I have to thank you for the Rhino pix. Love that big cuddly guy.

Hey J, I wonder if Willy C has seen the blog?

BullBunky said...

Will: THAT is an image I hadn't considered. And it WAS a warm day at the park!

James: Thanks...of course :)

Matt: You know I can't pass up a good rhino shot. Unfortunately, I couldn't get out of the truck LOL