Saturday, December 17, 2005

More cookies...

What better way to spend a cold, wet December day than making cookies with friends. Today, it was downright cold here in SF...and by cold, we mean 45-55. (Yes, I know its freezing in the east, but hey, I saw my breath tonight!)

Fortunately, my friend Pamela, from my photography class, invited us to join in one of her favorite holiday traditions--a big table, crowded with friends, who are all decorating fresh sugar cookies. Oh, and I tried an Old Fashioned for the first time, made "the right way" by Pamela's husband.

Between us, Jeff and I made a couple dozen cookies. And we had a warm indoor-afternoon with friends old and new.

The rest of the day was fairly typical. We woke up a bit later than normal, because we had been out late at my firm's local holiday party--at the top the St. Francis peering down on Union Square. Breakfast, haircut, and a bit of shopping at the Warming Hut, right at the Golden Gate Bridge. Out at the bridge, we regretted not having our camera, because the white caps were quite dramatic, and the waves were splashing up onto the roadway.

Tonight, the wind and rain are quite heavy, so we're huddled in the living room by the fire, watching The Sound of Music...and eating cookies of course.

No comments: