Monday, December 05, 2005

Successful photo show...

The Ft. Mason Holiday Show was this weekend. Each year, my fellow photography classmates and I transform our classroom into a one-room art gallery. We begin the transformation on Friday morning by moving furniture, computers, and photo equipment into the darkroom.

Then the fun part. We hang our work gallery style. Here are my friends Susan and Roxanne hanging one of my photos.

In all, 10 students plus our instructor displayed approximately 50 works of art for our adoring public. We even hung two pieces in memory of our dear friend Nancy...she made these shows really run like clockwork, and she was dearly missed.

A couple hundred people saw our work over an evening and a day. So many good friends dropped by for some wine and art. I even sold a couple of images. How flattering is that :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John,

How about posting the works you displayed from your art show? I'd like to see a virtual tour of your exhibit.

Matt