Sunday, October 22, 2006

Curb appeal...

Jeff and I spent today--another warm, sunny fall day--working around the house. One of my jobs was to plant a row of new succulents [Sanseveria laurentii, aka "Variegated Snake Plant"] in one of the protected beds at the front of the house. Yesterday, Jeff extracted a sad camillia plant that I aparrently killed with overzealous fertilizing. (I plead the fifth...those gardening gloves just DON'T FIT :) Anyhow, the new plants look much cooler anyway.

I also thinned out some old growth from two grassy plants we have on our front balcony. This inspired me to find some grotesque, half-price pumpkins to give the house a touch of the season. Jeff added the bale of straw, which does make it all work, in my opinion.

2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

Looks nice. It is 47 degrees here right now.

Anonymous said...

I'm fairly certain that I've been called a "variegated snake plant" on at least one occassion.