Wednesday, June 25, 2008

SoCal travels...

On Tuesday morning, I started off a short Southern California business trip with a meeting at the Federal Courthouse in the “historic business district” of hazy Santa Ana. On my way to pick up a post-meeting iced latte from the local Starbucks, I passed no fewer than six tiny bridal shops, each one with windows proudly showcasing the latest in Princess Bride fashion. (These colorful dresses are in-fact from three different stores.) Take note of the tiaras on each mannequin. I know. I know. I’m absolutely culturally ignorant.

Hmmmm, now that Jeff and I can actually get married in California...I wonder if these shops can make us colorful, puffy tuxedos!! I want gold!


I drove south along I-5 to San Diego without a bit of traffic…shocking!! Checked into my old friend the Doubletree…warm cookie…just one :(

After a quick transformation from business to casual, I drove out to the ocean and spent a couple of hours strolling the Pacific Beach walkway as the sun slowly set.










My return flight home was delayed by heavy wildfire smoke in the Bay Area. The highlight of my extra time in the crowded San Diego airport was this humorous announcement: “If you’re missing your ‘The Day Mars Invaded the Earth’ posters, please come back to security screening and claim them.”

5 comments:

JamesF said...

That was a lot of potential Stranger shots you just posted.

Matt T said...

I want gold too. Can the groomsmen wear gold with glitter!

BullBunky said...

James: Who's say that they WON'T show up on Strangers :) I'm definitely not above double dipping.

And Matt: Nice touch. Maybe you should consult with one of these bridal shops!

Anonymous said...

Those dresses were unique! I say wear what you want for your wedding - it is going to be one grand event! Is Jeff going to wear gold too? Need some help planning it?

sattvicwarrior said...

beach and sunset shots... totally COOL