Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The day after...

What a decadent (aka, quiet) evening. Jeff had to be in NYC, so I spent some quality ME time last night. It kicked off with the aforementioned scallop shell, and went straight into a rousing Happy Birthday song from Michigan (Jeff's niece and nephews were amazing). Then I ordered Chinese food from Eric's (good ol' General's chicken...still my favorite...still don't know one general from the next).

On my way to the restaurant to pick up my food, I drove down 24th St. in Noe Valley and saw some of the cutest costumes. While all the adults were headed over the hill for a night of revelry in the Castro, the families were out in force on 24th St. Kids are adorable. And I got a big chuckle to see a kid (age 5?) wearing a Darth Vader costume. The helmet was so big that his head kept tilting to one side and then the next. And his dark robe dragged along the street. So funny.

Anyhow, I picked up my food, went home, lit the fire, and shut off all the lights. I popped in two DVDs. First was a DVD that made me misty: a DVD that my friend Cheryl assembled with photos from the Royal Caribbean cruise our group took in 1993. The images took me back to simpler days...although they didn't seem simple at the time. Of course, looking at my big hair was a shock :) Soooo, I followed up THAT horror with a suspense classic: Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window. This is one of my all time favorite movies--a love story and murder mystery tied together with voyeurism--sweet.

I ended the evening with not one, but two mini-cakes :) Like I said...the evening was decadent. In a "John decadent" sort of way.

By the way. Buster was in HEAVEN last night. He curled up on my chest and purred all night.

No comments: