Friday, September 05, 2008

An omen of some flavor...

Sure, I have lots to catch up with here...the long weekend (which seems ages ago)...not one but TWO hotel windows...photos from Italy Day 10...tales of wonder and whimsy.

But no...I'm more in the mood to ponder the significance of this seagull staring at me through the hotel window. We know that bluebirds are harbingers of happiness. Ravens are the opposite. But what about the goofy gull?

He has now moved closer and is peering at me dead on. You just can't stare at them without laughing. Maybe he is a seagull of silliness. Or he intends to pounce on me and scoop out my eyes like a beached seal.

Oh dear. Now he is "laughing"...or calling in reinforcements. Oh my...now there is a second.

Back to work. Send help if you don't see another post soon!!

1 comment:

wtfree3 said...

When I see a gull, I'm taken back to the flock of seagulls in Finding Nemo. (And when I say flock of seagulls, I'm transported back to The Wedding Singer.) But staying with my original thought, I think seagulls portend selfish times - in a humorous way, like how they were used in Finding Nemo.

At least, that's what I think on a Friday afternoon.