Wednesday, April 25, 2007

East and west...

I awoke this morning at 4:30 in Kansas City, caught an early flight to Philadelphia, delivered a well-received briefing, and hopped an evening flight home. Sorry to disappoint, but no hotel photo tonight...although I will tell you that the view of downtown Philly from our office is pretty darn nice.

Non-descript hotel. Oversold flights. Blah blah blah. The highlight of the trip was definitely dinner last night with my coworker Steve in KC. He is a foodie, and was determined to break my habit of disappointing travel meals. We went to a local spot called 40 Sardines. At the recommendation of the waiter, I tried the wild boar, and it was rich and amazing. The moist chocolate torte for dessert didn't hurt at all.

In any case, there is really no place like home.

No comments: