Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I'm befuddled...

I'm in between business trips and should have some pictures posted from both Colorado Springs and LA later this week. In the meantime, I found two snippets in the paper today that I just HAD to share.

It would seem that our San Francisco supervisors really do have too much time on their hands. In the past, they have passed all sorts of measures that cannot legally be enforced, but seem to make someone happy.

The latest attempted "resolution" is from the supervisor representing District 11, an odd little area on the southern edge of the City. The resolution recommended that the City adopt the Seattle Seahawks as its official team for the duration of the NFL playoffs. Rather than kill the resolution, the Supervisors referred it to committee.

Pause.

Breathe.

Moving on, I also learned that a naked man was killed Tuesday morning at 2am while running down I-280 in the City.

What a town.

1 comment:

bobgirrl said...

The man on 280 reminds me of my first few weeks of college in the City. My roommate and I had gone to a party in Daly City (yeah, yeah, what can I say, we were young and stupid and new to the City) and were driving home on 280. It was very late so not many cars on the road. All of a sudden a car comes down the embankment from the southbound side of the road, does a u-turn and takes off past us. The car was missing a rear tire and was trailing 20 yards of sparks.