Friday, January 20, 2006

Yoda gets up at 7...


I stopped by the "Perk Presidio" coffee shop this morning on my way to a briefing with the Presidio Trust (the Federal organization that runs the Presidio). At 6:55, the grounds of the Letterman Digital Arts Center (aka, Lucasfilm HQ) are silent. I was clearly the first customer of the day, so I went into Chatty John mode. Anyhow, my friendly latte maker asked me if I was a Lucas employee...and I thought, "Yeah, I could work in a park!"

If nothing else, it was clear to me that creative types just don't get to work before 7am. The Letterman campus was empty...and peaceful. Heck, the Yoda fountain here didn't turn on until 7.

But I will say that this morning tranquility emphasized how Lucas, the Presidio Trust, and their developer did a really really nice job creating this campus within the Presidio. And for the record, the rest of the Presidio is awesome as well.

I am curious, however, how much the Lucas folks pay for THEIR latte!

1 comment:

bobgirrl said...

Huh, at 6:55 I think I was just getting home. No time to appreciate Mother nature then. More like, "I hope my neighbors don't see me!"