Friday, January 27, 2006

On the road again...

Well, as promised, here are a few pictures from this past week. I started the week with a crack-of-dawn flight to Colorado Springs. On top of traveling with and working with some of my closest coworkers, a nice perk was a top-floor view of the Rockies including Pikes Peak. This particular photo was taken at dawn.



When our plane took off on Tuesday afternoon, it did a hard bank for 30-60 seconds. The late day lighting was really quite dramatic. One odd feature I noticed is what appears to be the Colorado version of the Great Pyramids going up (second picture below).

Later in the week, I flew to Orange County for a client meeting. I won't even go into my frustrations with LA traffic, because I'm determined to keep this blog happy :) But I did end up at the Hilton directly across from Disneyland, and my Hilton Honors status got me a fine room overlooking the park. So, what a surprise when in the morning I looked out over the California Adventure portion of the park to see a replica of the Palace of Fine Arts, a San Francisco landmark. You can see it below--the domed terra cotta building.

1 comment:

bobgirrl said...

What's the deal with the pyramids?