Saturday, January 28, 2006

A lazy Saturday...


Well, the rains have returned, so a quiet evening at home in front of the fire is in order. We made great progress on our painting today...and hopefully, I'll have some FINAL shots to post tomorrow. The new room color is quite a striking difference from the previous blah. Of course, what I'm REALLY ready to be done with is spotting--cloudy days make for poor lighting, which makes it very very tough to find all of the spots where the roller missed. AAARGH. Time to move the furniture back in!

In the meantime, I'm having fun playing with my new iPod, which Jeff gave me for Christmas. I uploaded my first CD from my collection--a Pink Floyd CD, which happens to be the first band I bought when I got my very first CD player in college. Many thanks to my friend Keith for enlightening me :)

I also bought my first music video on iTunes. Now THIS is a kick ass feature. I bought U2's City of Blinding Lights. I also downloaded my first podcast from my all-time favorite radio show, The Don and Mike Show. I've listened to these guys for 15 years...and now they can entertain me on long flights.

The bottom line is that I'm happy to have joined everyone in the 21st century.

Of course, I'm having to work around Buster, who has decided that I make the best bed on a rainy day. He doesn't see to care about my iPod.

3 comments:

BullBunky said...

Hey now that's pretty darn cool. Great minds....

Curt Sawyer said...

I still don't understand the facination with watching TV on a tiny, tiny screen. I've been to your house, John, and I'd much rather watch something on your HDTV and listen to it in 5.1 Surround.

That is why I've never understood people who download movies over the Internet. They are always in some tiny format. Give me my 32" flatscreen and my 5.1 Dolby system anyday. I'll gladly drop the $12 for a legal DVD.

Of course, I tend towards Lawful Good... ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love my new iPod and that U2 video is awesome. Not as good as the real show, but at least you can pretend that you saw this tour. Don & Mike do PodCasts? Do you think we can get them reading the Starr report for us? I still have great memories from that drive up to see you!