Saturday, January 21, 2006

Weekend warrior update...

Jeff and I worked on our painting today. The previous owners inexplicable peach-ish color and mysterious stains along the baseboards are FINALLY GONE! Tomorrow, the color goes up...Carrington Beige to make all of our blue accents pop.

But in the spirit of being Mr. Helper, I thought I would throw out an inspiration picture from our visit to the Vatican Museum. I thought Jeff might appreciate that I'm participating in the design process. :) One change I might recommend--perhaps swap out the Virgin Mary with a statue of David. Otherwise, this understated room is sooooo us!

2 comments:

bobgirrl said...

Oh good grief, I thought that picture was your painting. lol

BullBunky said...

We have this grand vaulted ceiling in our living room that was painted sky blue when we moved in. We joked about painting murals on that :) But you know, at the time, the mortgage was a big hit, and we couldn't afford the gold leaf for guilding...so why bother!!