Saturday, January 07, 2006

Living out of a suitcase...


There are words that stress even the toughest of business travelers. This week, on my way to Las Vegas to attend the CES Government 2006 conference, I heard "United Airlines is experiencing system-wide computer failures. There will be delays." Followed very shortly by "For those of you traveling to Las Vegas, you plane is here. Unfortunately, you pilot and crew will not be here until 7:15." [for my 6:45 flight] Then "You pilot and crew will not be here until 7:55." Followed closely by "We found a crew that will be here at 7:15. Your pilots will arrive at 7:50."

We didn't leave until 8:30. Sigh.

BUT, I did get to watch the ULTIMATE attempt to avoid checking luggage. There was a couple behind me on the plane who simply placed their two large bags in AISLE...and acted irritated when the flight attendant asked them to move them. Nice try :) I tried to take a picture, but there wasn't enough cabin lighting for my Treo.

That scene made my evening though.

No comments: