Thursday, August 17, 2006

Art Linkletter is alive...

I had my fastest business trip today: down to and back from LAX before lunch! Other than not being able to carry my precious latte (aka, the sweet nectar of the gods) onto the plane with me, the new carry-on restrictions had no impact on me...and the lines were nice and short. I had a perfectly uneventful trip, complete with a celebrity sighting...although he had to be pointed out to me. Yes, Mr. Art Linkletter was at LAX this morning. He looked...old...but quite honestly, both my manager and I thought that he was no longer alive...so kudos to Art.

No photos from this LA trip...so here is one from our flight home from Europe. I believe this is the ice breaking up in the North Atlantic nearing Greenland. Very cool shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A sick friend of mine used to have a dead pool (Jeff it's Chris Wood). It's a game where you vote and win points for people you think are likely to die the next calendar year. The more rare your pick, the more points you get. Although, I couldn't bring myself to participate, I did read the list of contenders and thought "oh wow she's still alive!" How sad it must be to have the rest of the world think that you've been dead. ouch!