Thursday, August 03, 2006

Tragic loss of sauerkraut...

Apparently, I missed the story of the year. As reported by seasoned field reporter Bobgirrl, the Bay Area had a moderate quake yesterday evening...just a 4.4 centered up in Sonoma County. Both Jeff and Matthew noticed the quake, but I was working downstairs and felt nothing.

Little did I know! I arrived at work this morning, and saw a note from my Mom who had heard about the earthquake in Virginia and was curious if we had felt it.

Well, rest assured, the City is still standing. The only report of damage that I have seen was in the Chronicle this morning quoting a manager at a Safeway in Sonoma: "The only thing to break in the store...was a jar of sauerkraut."

[Kim...THAT supply isn't in our earthquake kit!!]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a little disappointed to read about the quake today as well. Leave it to the one week Paul is in San Francisco to possibly experience an earthquake. I am so jealous! I will have to call him later today to see if he felt it last night.

You are absolutely right - sauerkraut was never on our list of trash can supplies for your earthquake kit. We will have to revise the list to fit your needs better now!

BullBunky said...

Dou you know if Paul felt the quake? I'm wondering if I'm the only one to miss it!!

Anonymous said...

For the record - Paul missed it too. Damn.

BullBunky said...

Cheryl: During one of her visits, Kim came across the recommendations for an earthquake kit, which experts suggest you can keep in a plastic trash can.

Kim: Sorry that Paul can't bring home a nugget of rubble for your mantle :)