Monday, August 28, 2006

A little bit of Michigan in SF...

Last night, I made a recipe that Jeff's mother had given me from one of Muskegon's famous hometown restaurants: the US 31 Bar-B-Q. This is a sweet-tomatoey pulled pork BBQ with tangy bits of relish. Served on a fluffy white hamburger bun, these little guys are mmmm...mmm...good. I paired the savory BBQ with a slightly-spicy chick pea salad made with lemons and mint from our garden. (Both Jeff and Chris went back for seconds...so I know I did an OK job :)

And no, the photos below are NOT our retro-diner-style kitchen. I took these two summers ago in Muskegon.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love your recipe for the bar b q from us 31 bar b q place. I have eaten there for 55 yrs and don't have recipe for it. Would you please share yours? thanks

fogg said...

I would love to have the recipe too, if you're willing to share it. I'm moving out of Muskegon soon and would like to take a piece of it with me...