Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Indulging...

LA is a town of excess. Endless freeways to whisk you away to your next indulgence. Eyecandy for every taste. Food for every palate. All delightfully packaged in artificiality.

Jeff and Chris and I traveled to LA this weekend to meet up with friends for the long weekend. We stayed in West Hollywood, and enjoyed decadent meals and amazing drinks.

We had gooey fried plantains at the Bossa Nova, fiery huevos rancheros from the Beverly Hilton, blackberry mojitos at the Voo Doo Room, 2-for-1 margaritas at the Fiesta Cantina, piled-high pastrami and crispy fried chicken at Jerry's Famous Deli, mozzarella-stuffed meatloaf from Cafe d' Etoile, and a silky chocolate cream pie at the House of Pies.

And I left the best for last: the undisputed BEST mojitos from the Abbey.

So yes, this week is about salads and water and rest :) Three days in LA is PLENTY...and I'm sure the whole gang will agree.

So, here are a few of the fun shots from this weekend. I'll start with my top-two billboards. First is for the local CBS weatherman...gotta love the name!! The next is an add for Joe's Jeans...uh huh...Joe seems to have misplaced his jeans.


Then its onto the Beverly Hilton, that classic hotel for the stars where they host the Golden Globes. We sat on their roof-top terrace and had a sunny Beverly Hills brunch.


Lastly...a fun photo from the Voo Doo Room. This is a restaurant and bar in the heart of West Hollywood. Very inventive dishes some VERY yummy drinks. Perhaps that's why this photo is so blurry :)

4 comments:

JamesF said...

Hey hey hey HEY!

At least throw up a NSW or NSFW in there somewhere. :-)

JamesF said...

Apparently in my haste I forgot my acronym, I meant NWS or NSFW.

BullBunky said...

Oh now. This is a plain ole billboard for LA.

Buddy Tignor said...

salads, water, and rest ...

Geez, you sound like some guy about to turn forty in a year or so ;-)

...and by the way the billboard reminded me why I will never be a model...my bare butt has only ever been used to taunt and disgust opposing teams...and it works well for that anyway...it definitely wouldn't make anybody want to buy jeans...unless they were for me!