Saturday, September 09, 2006

It feels like autumn...but not Christmas...

This morning, I led a hearty group from work to Muir Beach, a cozy cove that is part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area just north of SF. Our cool coastal clouds have been hanging on much longer lately, so the morning was cool and misty...perfect weather to help the Park Service to clear the way for native vegetation. Digging, pulling, lifting, and hauling...with many laughs along the way. Jeff and Chris were the heroes of the day when they arrived with fresh sandwiches from Freddie's in North Beach.

But while it does feel like summer has packed up its bags, I surely know that we're not ready to leap to Christmas. So, it is with trepidation that I announce my first Christmas sighting of the year: Macy's in Union Square has their Christmas section of the store all assembled and twinkling. No fair skipping fall...MY favorite season of the year.

Anyhow, here are a couple of photos from my Bayview series. I liked the color and composition of these. And not a mistletoe to be seen (yet)...but some freaky angels, to be sure.


No comments: