Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Inspiration...

I love photographs of people...family and strangers. This is an odd statement coming from a photographer that struggles with people pictures. I find it hard to connect with my subjects. But I am captivated by these photographs more than any other type, because they reveal so much.

Being at home this weekend and being surrounded by my father's photographs of my brother and me was an inspiration. This photograph of me is so simple, and yet so amazingly elegant (the photograph...not me). THIS is my goal as a photographer, and my dad set a high bar for me :)

5 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

This photograph of me is so simple, and yet so amazingly elegant...

So increidbly dorky...(you, not the picture).

;-)

Buddy Tignor said...

I understand exactly what you are blogging about the picture your pop took is so much more than a face shot.

It is a father capturing the essence of his son. Anyone who knows you will recognize that look...

Jeff said...

Awww...aren't you so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Oppie!

Anonymous said...

(Oh, shit I spelled it incorrectly.)

Opie!