Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving...


Turkey and stuffing. Garlic mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. Orange cranberries and sweet potatoes. Crisp veggies and sauerkraut. Our table was full. My mom and dad. Jodi and Cliff and Benjamin. Jeff and me. Our hearts were full. It was a perfect family Thanksgiving.

The phones were ringing off the hook. Jeff was on with Michigan; Jodi with Indiana. My family dialed up Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, and Maryland.

We topped off dinner with an amazing cheesecake made by Jeff and Jodi. Jeff dubbed it the Shirley Plantation Pumpkin Apple Butter Cheesecake, after the apple butter we bought on Tuesday. The cake (pictured below) was a perfect melding of sweet, smooth cake with a slightly-tangy pumpkin apple butter topping.



We finished the evening with several games of Rummicube, which Jeff described in his blog yesterday. My mom and I brought out this game, thinking that we could throw off Jeff and Jodi who were kicking our butts at their Euchre card game...they were especially kicking MY butt. The four of us plus Cliff played several rounds, and Jeff somehow managed to win more than his fair share :) Nevertheless, our home was clearly addicted.

[For the record, Jeff took a few of the photos today. I liked his angles better than mine...so I stole them :) ]

3 comments:

Buddy Tignor said...

I am sure your parents must have been beside themselves to have everyone home for Thanksgiving!

Have a great Holiday!

JamesF said...

I know I said mentioned this last night, but for the record those are some very good pictures.

BullBunky said...

My mother doesn't read these comments (yet), so I can safely say that she had a few happy tears in her eyes.

And James...thanks :)