Saturday, November 04, 2006

Political sidebar...

I'm sorry...and this will be brief...but I'm tired of the argument that we need to "protect marriage" for our children. But the wise zealots of Virginia have placed a Constitutional Amendment on their ballot to define marriage. But the amendment goes even further to deny ANY legal union "of unmarried individuals that intends to approximate the design, qualities, significance, or effects of marriage". The SIGNIFICANCE of marriage. Excuse me. Who is judging?

Anyhow, this burns me up.

I'm off the soapbox.

2 comments:

Buddy Tignor said...

I totally agree with you; there seem to be many more attempts in recent years to legislate "living"

...it is just sad that we have so many career politicians that it is more about getting re-elected than doing the right thing

one of our congressional seats in WNC is on the ballot next week and frankly both of the candidates are lousy...

one a bible toting, 14,000 acre owning, pork project king

....the other a former NFL quarterback...turned realtor /developer

just try and pick a "winner" from those two regardless of party affiliations !

the party system needs to be abolished in favor of information...we need to get back to promoting manufacturing, environmental protection, creating jobs, and getting folks proper healthcare

...instead of worrying about individuals' private lives, terror, and the return of McCarthy era-like politics

sorry....looks like i used your soapbox to launch my own :-)

BullBunky said...

Well, I certainly agree with your feeling of disgust. I'm working my way through my absentee ballot, and I can only shake my head.