Monday, January 22, 2007

Hamster-a-month...

As you might expect, the pickings are slim in the calendar aisles of the bookstore. Nevertheless, 22 days into the new year, I wandered off to dig through the scraps for a $5 wall calendar. (For the past three weeks, I have been gesturing .to the blank spot on my wall where a calendar usually hangs...soooooo, I had to find SOMETHING suitable.)

Sure, there were the normal cute kittens and well-dressed puppies; there were ducklings, cows, pigs, and even "jackasses". But the 12-months of hamster photos took top prize as the oddest calendar to grace a wall.

What did I buy? Hardly surprising: vintage black and white photographs of trains. There were actually THREE competing calendars with that theme.

1 comment:

Frank Lee said...

John, After seeing your books for Jeff's Christmas present, I spent the required 5 hours to create me own calendar for 2007. We got it last week. It is arguably even odder than the hamsters... Those crazy Lee family members...