Sunday, January 14, 2007

Remembering Penn...

Yesterday afternoon, I joined my family in Chapel Hill, NC to celebrate the life of my dear Uncle Penn. The weather was warm, the crowd was moving, and conversations were full with stirring memories from Penn's family, coworkers, and lifelong West Point friends. It was a touching tribute to a great man, and a reminder of the true measure of a successful life--the people you touch along the way. Our grief from Penn's all-to-young death from lung cancer was eased by memories of his long marriage to his high school sweetheart, his successful battle with Hodgkin's disease, and the raising of my two amazing cousins.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

BullBunky said...

Thank you for your thoughts, Kim.

Buddy Tignor said...

Sorry to hear about Penn. Your brief description makes me wish I had known him.

It definitely makes me wonder what people will say about me one of these days!