Sunday, January 28, 2007

Time warp...

Jeff and I joined our friend Chris for a very yummy brunch in Noe Valley this morning. We ate at a hip hole in the wall called Toast, which seems to specialize in mouth watering French toast and pancakes. I didn't happen to have my camera today...which made me think of these photos from our Sunday lunch LAST weekend at the de Young :) (I tried this flavorful pastrami sandwich.)

We hit the de Young as the afternoon sun was just starting to light everything up with a hint of red. This really set off the panoramic landscape around the de Young's observation tower. One cool aspect of the tower is that it is free to everyone, not just museum visitors. A very nice gift to the community.



The sunlight also set off the new Academy of Sciences, which is under construction directly across from the de Young. Slated to open in 2008, this building already captivates the imagination with its sine-wave roof.


No comments: