Saturday, July 14, 2007

Overflowing with pride...

I will fully admit that I have a hard time editing down my photos to post. Especially people photos...because every shot is so unique, and full of life and personal expression.

Sooooo, I've been sitting on a slew of photos from the San Francisco Pride Parade from a few weeks ago--June 24 to be precise. And like the Bay to Breakers event in May, I went nuts snapping images of all the antics.

Now, Pride certainly has a reputation for being a bit edgy, and there is certainly a tiny bit more leather and lace than in your average parade. Nevertheless, I can report that this parade had FAR less skin than Bay to Breakers!

Pride certainly embraces the diversity of the City. It starts with a roar with the traditional Dykes of Bikes mass motorcycle ride--nearly 100 women on motorcycles announcing their power to the world. This kicks off over two hours of corporate floats, politicians, and every niche fetish you can crack a whip at.

Its not for everyone, but its a party you can't take your eyes off of. Enjoy the sights.

























No comments: