Sunday, May 14, 2006

Fireworks and other things...

Saturday night, Jeff and I joined friends John and David and their other guests for a fun evening of fireworks on their sailboat. Every year, John and David sail across the Bay from their regular berth in Richmond to a popular marina near the Giant's ballpark. A local radio station (KFOG) throws this free event called the KFOG KABOOM! ... before the real summertime fog sets in.

The air got cold last night, but we had a fun time chatting, laughing, and watching some spectacular fireworks set to a rock soundtrack.



On Sunday, the sun continued to bear down and push the temperature to near 80 in our backyard. So, we took off for a drive in the Marin Headlands. I'll leave the Marin pictures to Jeff on his blog, and I'll post a couple of pictures from our garden, and a fun tunnel picture from our drive.



2 comments:

Buddy Tignor said...

so the kinks in the trailing pink fireworks in kaboom_fireworks_202.jpg must be from the wave action on the boat ? they look to uniform to be anything else.

not sure how you were able to get pictures that steady from a boat at night...but I like them.

BullBunky said...

Well, the trick is movement and movement again. I actually hand held these with a deliberate attempt to get motion from my hands, motion from the boat, and motion from the fireworks themselves. I think the effect works. If you had more light in the foreground, then I don't these would work, because the foreground would just look blurry.