Monday, May 01, 2006

DEN to SFO...

The upside of my visit to Denver was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in on any business trip (kudos to Embassy Suites) and an excellent client meeting in Ft. Collins (which is about an hour north of Denver). The downside was that I woke up 4-5 times during the night to drink more water. The dry Denver air totally parched my throat.

Oh, and the Embassy Suites had nowhere for me to grab my morning latte :( Oh the horror!

Still, the trip was a success, and also very quick. I made it back to the airport to catch an early standby flight. With some time to wander a bit, I snapped a few new fun shots of the airport. You can see the main terminal's "mountain peak" roof from the outside in the first shot. Also, a shot out the window on the flight home.





So really, the only interesting story came with the cab ride from the airport to my hotel. But, after trying for the past five minutes to succinctly write this odd story, I've decided that its actually only amusing to me. (And frankly, its nothing like the cabbie I had in LA who was rude, ran the meter while he sat at the airport trying to find my destination on a map, and then sped off with the door still open after I took his name and refused to give him a tip.)

So, instead of boring you with my cab story, I will share my what-the-hell-is-that photo of the day: my cabbie in mood lighting.

No comments: