Sunday, May 21, 2006

Pretty, ugly, and the rain...

I would never have thought that I would be writing rain updates in late May! But there is just this odd disturbance rumbling through, producing a few days of scattered showers.

So, if I can return to rain blogging, then I can take a few new images in my industrial series. Today's theme: color. I continue to find new parts of the Bayshore neighborhood that I haven't been through. It's strangely comforting to drive around in the early morning light.



But life is not ALL rain and graffiti. It is spring, after all. So, I present here three springtime images. The first is of one of Jeff's favorite orchids...this one smells like chocolate! Jeff has four orchids in bloom at the moment. The third image below is of one of our lemon trees, which is now producing enormous lemons. So, I'm making lemon-butter grilled shrimp tonight :)



3 comments:

bobgirrl said...

Rain reminds me of Elena #1. I hope she's OK.

JamesF said...

I'm thinking there has to be an 'inappropriate' joke involving the two huge lemons, but I'll be darned if I know what it is.

Buddy Tignor said...

I like red white.jpg, but it reminds me of scary carnival folk :-)