Friday, May 19, 2006

Friday with sprinkles on top...

Well, I'm back from the Land of Tassel Loafers. Something about a conference brings out the worst in fashion. But no, I did NOT take any more photos of bad shoes...although these would have been even better. It seems that when it's 90+ degrees outside, the leather tassel loafers are worn with shorts and without socks. Lovely.

So, I amused myself in the waning parts of the conference trying to find the oddest give-away at the show. Light up pens and kitchy paperweights are the norm (and people line up 10-15 deep for a tee shirt)...but those are boring.

So my choice for Best in Show was the Waste Alleviation and Gel kit. I think everyone on my flight home had one, since the plane smelled like a men's room.


Anyhow, I am home. The air was cool and refreshing last night as I slept. Today, we had an odd May visitor: a light rain. (This will ready us for Europe next week, where there are scattered showers all over the forecast.)

No comments: