Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wednesday (Paris)...

In spite of the periodic rain showers, today was the day to travel to Versailles. Taking the regional train (the RER) wasn't as simple as it should be. After a couple of false starts, we arrived in Versailles and headed for the enormous Chateau. We headed straight for the State Appartments seeing half of the newly restored Galerie de Glase (Hall of Mirrors). The rooms and grounds were equally impressive. In addition to the main Chateau, walked through the Grand Trianon, the Petit Trianon, and the Hameau de la Reine. Rain showers drove us undercover a few times, and we finally gave up and took the park tram back to the Chateau. The temperature was bitterly cold for late May. Yahoo weather predicted sun and 70 degrees...how more off could they be 24 hours previous? It centainly didn't get out of the mid-50s. A late train back to Paris on the RER to St. Michael (Notre Dame). Walked thru Isle de la Cite to the Marais for one last dinner with wine (nice pinot noir from l'Alsace). After dinner drinks topped off our last evening in Paris.

[Note: Technology Update. These blog updates are written on my Treo phone and then emailed to my Blogger account for automatic posting. I can review (but not change) the postings via the Treo's web browser.

For my relentless photography, I am trying (and trusting) Apple, and their simple iPod connector for cameras. This tiny device automatically transfers all photos from my camera card onto the iPod, where I can view and store them. Then I can clear and re-use the camera card. Apple swears that the files are a straight transfer and are not altered. I did a test at home and it seems to be true. So far I have transferred about 600 photos from this trip!]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! A new toy to purchase to go with my iPod. If it works for you, it will have to be my next purchase.