Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Two roads diverged in a wood...

If things just don't work out with my current line of work, there is always the Texas Jail Association next door in the convention center. I'm SURE there is a satisfying option for me there!

Other than hedging my career bets, it was a normal day here in San Antonio. Show prep. Hobnobbing. Making the world safe for the next generation. (Cliff, that's for you! :)

I snapped a couple more shots of the Riverwalk. How serene. My coworkers and I had dinner and drinks along the river.

Oh, and my quote of the day (overheard at dinner): "What? You have never been to P.F. Changs? You have GOT to go to P.F. Changs. We HAVE to go while we are here." Now, I have eaten at P.F. Changs. The food is very tasty. But it is NOT acceptable to hop in a car and leave unique local cuisine behind to find the nearest P.F. Changs.


2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

Prime Directive when on travel: You cannot eat at a place you can eat at when home.

General Order 2: No chain resturants, unless the chain is unique to your travel location.

General Order 3: Try the local beer/wine.

Sounds like they were breaking the Prime Directive as well as General Order 2. Have them killed.

Buddy Tignor said...

The San Antonio River Walk is actually a national horticulture landmark!

http://ashs.org/awards/riverwalk.html

I just couldn't resist that comment. :-)