Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Glamour...

How many AAA stars do you get if you find two finger/toenails on the nightstand?

I have said many times that business travel is only glamorous to those folks who don't do it...or have enough money to only stay in five star hotels.

Frankly, as far as business travel goes, I have it pretty good. I fly the airlines I want, which allows me to build up some status. And I stay in nice business-friendly hotels with amenities--avoiding the two-star "traveling salesman" hotels with the shampoo in tear-open ketchup packets.

But still, business travel is not all champagne and chocolates. For example, although my hotel is sitting on the Riverwalk, MY view is in the opposite direction and is of the local Denny's.

In any case, my positive adventurous spirit will prevail, and I will have some NEW fun photos tonight.

3 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

Did you actually find toenails on the dresser? Yuk!

My worst business trip hotel stay ever was here. That is the last time I sacrificed comfort for price. That hotel had no shampoo, not even in tear-open packets.

It sucked.

BullBunky said...

Yes, two of them. Well, not whole toenails, just the clippings. Sorry, I was too grossed out to take a photo :)

Yes, I would say that YOUR other stay tops this one.

Anonymous said...

Ah...toenails, tear open ketchup packets, and champagne and chocolate and Dennys...

Reminds me of my childhood...


Thanks for not taking pictures of the toenails. "Gross!" as said by Napolean Dynamite.