Saturday, February 11, 2006

Chickadees and Bingles...


While the rest of the mid-Atlantic sits paralyzed awaiting the storm of the century, my folks and I ventured out to buy a new mouse for their computer and supplies to make one of my favorite dinners--fried chicken. My Dad makes an awesome fried chicken. While we were at the store, I saw a snack food I had never heard of: Red Velvet Bingles. Honest. Well, it WAS Food Lion!

This morning, I did take a more interesting picture of a Carolina Chickadee at the feeder. My folks have a dozen feeders of different shapes and sizes around their back yard. The one at the window makes for some cool close encounters.

3 comments:

bobgirrl said...

Are the bingles any relation to Red Velvet Cake?? I do love my Red Velvet Cake!

BullBunky said...

Well, the MIGHT be related. Like some distant, inbred fifth cousin. Frankly, they looked more like food product than pastry. They frightened me.

JamesF said...

Sadly, you're not as alone in chatting about these are you thought you were.

There are others.