Saturday, February 18, 2006

Industrial park...

On mornings when traffic on the freeway into downtown is slow, I often take a meandering route through the City's Bayview neighborhood, which hugs the industrial eastern bay coastline. On one of these mornings, I noticed a small, out-of-place sign for a coastal park. So, I veered from my route, only to enter a pre-dawn apocalyptic world.

I've been drawn back to this unlikely spot several times, including this morning, when I knew the early morning light would really bring out the colors in the graffiti art.

Literally, every surface--from building to bench to fence to rock--is covered with the most elaborate street art. They even painted the tree! I will certainly go back for more, but enjoy these initial images.






4 comments:

JamesF said...

Wow, these photos are a pretty stark contrast with the previous post's pictures of snow and cute animals.

BullBunky said...

You know, that's very true. I think that's what drew me to these images. I'm a man of contrasts!!

Buddy Tignor said...

you really have an eye for composition; the graffiti on the tree could easily be a cover for any of the tens of books being currently published on Urban Blight.

Buddy Tignor said...

john could I get full-rez copies of industrial3 and industrial6 to use in one of my horticulture classes? ...would be for educational use only. I can watermark your name if you like.

let me know.....