Saturday, February 25, 2006

Update from Russia...

Well, I did in fact write back to my Russian spammer and indicate that I'm sure that she had the wrong address. I did this from a safe address to see what direction the spam would take. Well, I got a lengthy response in very broken English. I won't include it all, but a small segment will give you an idea.
"I the operator in the telephone company. I am 27 years old. My growth of 176 centimeters. I like music and to dance. My hobby it cheerfully to spend time with friends. ... Probably it is interesting to you why I decided to get acquainted with you. It is very simple. Recently my fellow worker married the person. Certainly we girls envied her. But when I learned that she got acquainted with the husband on the Internet and that he from other country I decided too to try to find somebody."
Oh, she also included a slightly tawdry photo. So, being the paranoid sort (and Jeff being even more cautious than me), I will let the conversation die here. I don't want all of this to lead in some nefarious direction. Something tells me that the next email will contain a plea for money or something like that.

Back to photos of random places.

4 comments:

JamesF said...

What?!?

We don't get to see the photo that was included?!?

(I kid, I kid)

bobgirrl said...

Oh come on, live a little! (Or at least let the rest of us live vicariously through you.)

Curt Sawyer said...

That is exactly the turn it was going to take. It probably wasn't even written by a woman.

Buddy Tignor said...

"slightly tawdry" I would be interested to see exactly what that means :-) I have an idea in my mind about 'tawdry', but no way to differentiate between the full on tawdry and the slightly tawdry.