Friday, March 03, 2006

$35 to blow in Vegas...

Well, I wrapped up three days in a jury selection pool today. I will admit that the process was quite interesting to sit through for the first time. Fortunately, I did not get selected for the final jury. I don't mind serving, but it was a five week trial, and I just know it would have been a pain to work around.

The best part was observing the people. Particularly the people who CLEARLY were trying to get out of it. My favorite was the young woman who when asked said that she would find it hard not to read about the case and the subject matter on her own. When the judge asked her if she would resist the temptation if he directly asked her not to, the woman answered, "I would try, but I probably would anyway. In fact, I already did some research on it even though you told us not to earlier."

THIS is the state of society :(

For my three days, I made a quick $35, which I plan to carelessly gamble away in Las Vegas this weekend. Look for pictures on Monday.

For now...we are off!

No comments: