Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Delving deeper...

This weekend, while was driving around taking pictures, I stopped at an area in China Basin, which is near the SF Giants ballpark. The top picture is the view across the inlet to a dock area where they routinely bring in cruise ships for maintenance.

Anyhow, the concrete area in the foreground has some interesting features, and I have photographed on and around it several times now. Well, Saturday morning, I hit a low tide, and the underbelly of this platform was revealed. The bottom photo was just a quick shot I snapped peering underneath. I was intrigued, until I spotted a homeless man well off to the left. Startled the crap out of me.

I did find it quite ironic that this man was living in the shadow of this cruise ship. But, needless to say, I am NOT poking my nose under THERE again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One night, long ago, in Dallas...my friend Scott and I, after a long night of drinking came upon this old building. We were snapping photos (he was the photog) and having to flick our bic's in certain parts of this building to even see where we were going. We lit our lighters in this one room where we could see 2 homeless peoples eyes staring at us. Scared the living crap out of us. We ran as fast as we could in the pitch black. Scott broke his thumb trying to get out of there. Funny as hell looking back, but scary as hell that night.

BullBunky said...

That's like something out of a horror movie. At least mine was in the daylight.