Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Springtime in Russia...

Well, at no prompting from me, my dear Russian pen pal wrote two notes. She switched email addresses again (address number three for her). Here are clips from the two emails:
"I did not receive the answer from you. I hope that all well there. It can be not reached the letter you? I donot know. Write to me the letter."

"Only the short letter. The first day of spring today came.Spring this time of love and happiness. I wish you good mood."
By the way...according to the Weather Channel, the high temp in St. Petersburg is supposed to be 19 degrees Fahrenheit today!

So, to contrast, here is a photo from this weekend in SF. This is Dobie's favorite perch on the balcony. She loves to watch the birds in all the backyards we overlook.

3 comments:

Buddy Tignor said...

did you name your cat after dobie gillis?

awesome!!!

BullBunky said...

Yes, in fact I did :)

bobgirrl said...

Hmmmmmm.. "It can be not reached the letter you? I donot know." Oddly I think she may have been trying to reach Homer Simpson. She seems to be referring to "donots."