Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday...



When it was rainy, the blog well ran dry. But this weekend, the sun came out, and Jeff and I wandered outside, blinking at the cloudless skies. Glorious.

On both Saturday and Sunday, we took our bikes out. Just a short warm-up on Saturday, but a nice, full afternoon today. We threw the bikes on the car rack, and drove down to Palo Alto and the Stanford campus--a beautiful (and flat) rambling campus with plenty of bike-friendly areas.

One highlight was stopping to look inside the Memorial Church, which opened in 1903. It dominates the main quad with its huge mosaics--inside and out. Hopefully, Jeff will post some of the interior photos.

And of course, I did try and find some of the whimsy of the day...



The rains return tomorrow, but we've got other pictures from the weekend to post through the week.

3 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

Your well ran dry while you were trapped inside due to rain. I was home all week last week and I think I got out of the apartment once Mon-Fri, and that was to attend that community board meeting. Hence, most of my blog recently has been very Loren-centric. (Who was up at 0430 this morning and has not gone back to sleep yet). But with a trip coming up this weekend for proposal work in Norfolk, I'm sure I'll have some good fodder very soon.

JamesF said...

Hmmm, my well doesn't seem to run dry so much as become rancid.

bobgirrl said...

OMG, sun!