Monday, March 06, 2006

If you stand in one place long enough...

The New York Times reported today that Cingular spent $500 million advertising its absorption of AT&T Wireless a little over a year ago. Then SBC acquired AT&T and is spending $1 billion to tell us about it. Now, as the new AT&T prepares to purchase Bell South (its partner in Cingular), the company has announced that it will change Cingular's name to AT&T Wireless. (Although, I'm sure it will be with the cute lowercase at&t.) Quick, order your phones now so that you can still get the cute little orange guy from Cingular.

Honestly, all I know is that with a portion of that $1.5B, they could have put a freakin' cell tower in that &*@#@!& dead spot on I-280 through San Francisco!!!

[OK, Blogger's spell checker thinks that "freakin'" should be "foreskin". That made me chuckle.]

2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

"Foreskin cell tower" is something else entirely...

bobgirrl said...

Sometimes when I'm bored I run the blogger spell checker just for a laugh. It comes up with some amazing things.