Saturday, March 25, 2006

Budding romance...

My Russian wife-to-be wrote me today...still at no prodding from me. For the first time, I think we can see where this is heading. Its the beginning of a "maybe you're the one" angle. So, I've included a few excerpts (the email was longer than normal).

Good day my dear. Today I could find a free time to write to you the letter. Weather at us spring.

I want to tell to you today about my girlfriend. I see her almost every day. We go in a bar in the evening. In a bar we like to play billiards. ... [She] very good person to which can open all secrets. She the true friend and always helps if something will go not so. ... For example I told to her about that that got acquainted with you. She was glad for me.

Only she asked me if I shall want to meet you that as I can leave to you. I could not answer it a question. Because to go in other country it is necessary to find out the person well at first. Now many girls vanish in other countries. With them men get acquainted and invite them to itself. Then girls get in slavery and are compelled to be engaged in prostitution or still something. I do not want it. I believe in real love.

I believe that in my life there will be a person of my dream. He will love me, to give gifts. There can be this the man you? I like you. I should finish the letter. While.
For my money, the best line is the close. "While."

3 comments:

bobgirrl said...

Then girls get in slavery and are compelled to be engaged in prostitution or still something. It's that little something that always gets you into trouble.

Anonymous said...

John,

Through your complete lack of response to any of her letters, she's picked up on your charisma and her affection has grown for you. It must be at the atomic level, energy fields and such. She is really incredibly perceptive. The next Nostrodamus or Rasputin. How else would she know what a nice guy you are and want to pursue your relationship further?

Or have you been secretly emailing her back on the sly?

I bet even if you wrote her that you had a partner, this would not dissuade her.

BullBunky said...

No, honestly, no notes from me. I did two "Sorry, this isn't me, good luck" notes back. I could easily string this out, but its more fascinating this way. I love how her friend is so happy that she met me. Huh?

Awesome.