Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Coming in May: Elmo's World...

Yes friends, the billboards in Philadelphia are proclaiming the arrival of Elmo's World.

THAT is the highlight of my trip to Philadelphia today. I'm assuming the rest of the trip will turn up some interesting stories or photos.

In the meantime...here is the carpet at Philadelphia's airport! Take that. That's how I felt about the airport this afternoon.

I mean frankly, there is nothing here to report yet. The flight was normal...no food makes me grumpy but its old news. My hotel room is normal...I'm like a kid that looks forward to Christmas only to get a sweater (a nice sweater...but just a sweater!).

The only item of note today was that I got an email at WORK from a mysterious Elena from Russia. MY Elena is now cheating on my alter ego...with me! How dare she. Here is what she wrote:

Hello!!! I am a 32 year old girl who loves life. I like to stay busy, always doing something. My favorite things ever include the sun, the water and the beach, art and music? I'm looking for someone who loves to have fun. Someone who can not only keep up with me, but who will challenge me. If you want to correspond with me and to learn more about me that write to me on my e-mail. Ok??? I shall wait for your letters. As soon as you will write to me that I shall send you my photos. Ok??? Your friend Elena.

Notice no accent in this one. Sigh. I fear she is gone.

Oh, and happy 100-year anniversary of the Great Quake. (For the record, Jeff and I own a home built on bedrock.)

4 comments:

bobgirrl said...

Apparently you are quite the Russian chick magnet.

Curt Sawyer said...

Sure, now you are on bedrock. As I recall, the Marina District place you were renting was a deathtrap built on landfill.

Buddy Tignor said...

stopping to take pictures of carpet ??? --- you better be careful. I have heard that terrorists send secret messages in carpet patterns. You may be suspect to a fully body cavity search.

JamesF said...

I wanted to see the Elmo World billboard. :-(