Tuesday, April 11, 2006

In and out of LA...

I did a quick day trip to LA today for a meeting. The flights were uneventful, except for being moved from the first row to the last row (next to the bathroom) to counterbalance front-weighted luggage.

But my flight was fine and I skipped out of SF before our daily rain showers began. Of course, this yin would eventually be yanged by having my return flight delayed. Once again, there is balance in the universe.

One unexpected highlight, however, was having lunch at the cafe in LA's Walt Disney Concert Hall, which was designed by Frank Gehry. It happens to be just a few blocks away from the Civic Center in downtown LA. I captured a few quick shots to share.






On the way back to Burbank Airport (a.k.a. Bob Hope Airport), my co-worker Michele and I took a random loop to see if we could drive by the Hollywood sign. Well, good thing I snapped a couple of distance shots. We got a bit closer than this picture, but could never quite figure out where to go.

But there was no rain in LA...so we were happy :) Its the little things, really.

1 comment:

JamesF said...

I really want to see the color version of the black and white shot.