Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Too tired to type...

Well, the good news is that we've returned from a very nice road trip along the California coast. But the rain (and some pesky allergy medication) has me drained. So, perhaps just a couple of snapshots from our trip before dinner.

The main destination for our trip was Hearst Castle in San Simeon. William Randolph Hearst's architect literally cobbled this building together from and around Hearst's broad collection of antiques. Most of the ceilings, doors, and fireplaces are transported from Europe. The rooms are filled with antiques ranging from a few hundred to a thousand years old. Hearst was insatiable, and his architect placated him by changing plans as she went along to match whatever new acquisition Hearst had made.

Here are a couple of hints of the style of the building and its interior. I've got many more photos to show as I work on them.



But like I said...I'm tired. So, I leave you with an elephant seal. I like to think he is yawning with me, but he was probably making a funny belching sound.

1 comment:

bobgirrl said...

Oh, I haven't been there since I was a kid but remember loving it. Can't wait to see more pictures and to hear what tour(s) you took!