Sunday, April 30, 2006

Cheez-Its versus Chocolate Chip Cookies...

I took a late afternoon flight to Denver today. I have a meeting bright and early tomorrow and zip...I'll be back home for a late dinner tomorrow.

So, just for kicks, I snapped a couple of pictures during the flight. I know there are a few window glares here and there, but I thought they were fun enough to share. Plus, any image that reminds me of home is worth reflecting on :)


Also, if you have never been to Denver International Airport, then you're missing on of the most interesting main terminals in the US. The entire roof of the main terminal is fashioned from a dozen-or-so tent-like spikes that resemble snow-capped mountains on the horizon. It was nighttime when I left the airport, so I couldn't grab a shot back.

One odd thing about this airport is that is SOOOOOOOOO far from civilization. The airport is now about 10 years old, and it still stands alone out in the prairie. (People used to say that Washington Dulles was out in the middle of nowhere, so perhaps civilization is coming.)

Oh yes. About those Cheez-Its. It seems that this is Embassy Suites' response to Doubletree's chocolate chip cookies. Uh, I hope this is just a test site. Give me a warm cookie any day!

1 comment:

JamesF said...

At least your landing wasn't like this.