Monday, April 17, 2006

Weekend update...

Jeff and I had a fabulous Easter weekend...although somehow I gave him my cold. Let's ignore that for now. I bought him tulips to make up :)

Easter dinner on Sunday was a scrumptuous mixture of tradition and pantry. Ham plus a yummy mushroom risotto (bought in Siena last May), paired with comfort foods green bean casserole and cornbread muffins. Oh, and Jeff's favorite German chocolate cake...yum!!




The weekend was full of heavy downpours one minute, followed by blue cloudless skies. We even had some early morning hail Sunday morning. So, we ventured out on Sunday for a walk between showers. We went to a small park in Hunters Point. Heron's Head Park is a sliver of land that juts out into the Bay as a breakwater. The park is tucked between a PG&E power plant and a Port of San Francisco warehouse.


This park is popular with birders. So here, for my folks, is today's name-that-bird quiz!


Also, out and about on Sunday, I snapped this photo of the University of San Francisco's St. Ignatius Church. The sun had popped out and was shining off the gold cross on this spire. That and I liked the wispy clouds.


On both Saturday and Sunday mornings, we awoke to rain showers. So, I decided to take a drive and see what some of my favorite photo spots looked like in the rain. I found a few new areas...and an odd blue camper. You don't see THAT every day.




3 comments:

JamesF said...

The church picture is really nice. Although to be honest, I might not have seen the sunlight on the cross unless you pointed it out. I just like the blue sky contrast against the building's tone myself.

The "No Parking" picture looks almost identical to a location in the game Half-Life (when I first saw it I looked around for a crowbar to break the door).

Curt Sawyer said...

I remember playing computer games...back before Loren was born...

BullBunky said...

James, there is one version of this photo where the cross is totally burnt out from glare, so this was a compromise.

Curt, I think the secret to successful game playing is moving it into the living room with an xbox and keeping the volume low. :)