Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hollow victory...

As I predicted, there was a problem with my reservation when I arrived at the airport this morning. [I swear that I will stop obsessing about this!] Yes, even though USAirways, United, United.com, and American Express told me that I could check in with EasyCheckin at the airport, the colorful kiosk quickly tossed me to a United Representative.

So I waited in line. The representative found my reservation, and then told me that I didn't have a ticket. I was ready for that and provided the ticket number. 'Oh, this isn't a valid ticket number.' 'Yes it is, both United and USAirways gave me this yesterday.' 'Hmmm, well that's odd...oh there it is.'

Does everybody get this when they fly a codeshare? No, of course not.

My beef is simple. Everybody I spoke with over the past two days has told me that the ticket number is missing from my reservation record...SO WHY DOESN'T SOMEBODY FIX THE F'ING RECORD?!?

I 100% guarantee you that I will have problems checking in on my return flight. I'm at my wits end.

2 comments:

JamesF said...

I'm at my wits end.

To be fair, was it really that far of a journey? :-)

Curt Sawyer said...

And once again I echo Jeff's thoughts - what good is your gold-plated platinum medallion executive supreme demi-god airline status if things like this keep happening to you.